What are the two best comfort foods in the world? Pizza and tacos. If you put them together, it creates the ultimate treat that will leave you wanting more. Homemade pizza is easy to make and absolutely delicious. It is also surprisingly healthy if made with vegetables. Over the long weekend, give this pizza a try!
Homemade Pizza Crust:
- A packet of active dry yeast
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of Pizza Sauce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Crushed tortilla chips
- Handful of chopped onion
- Vegan ground round with taco spices (if desired)
- Daiya cheese or another vegan cheese alternative (if desired)
- Make homemade vegan pizza crust by mixing all ingredients and turn dough out onto a flat surface that has been sprinkled with flour.
- Roll the dough into a circular shape and roll up edges to create a crust.
- Put the toppings on the pizza, beginning by spreading the tomato paste on the crust first.
- Put all other toppings on the pizza and the vegan cheese as the final ingredient. Feel free to mix in some ingredients not mentioned in this recipe!
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes.
Enjoy this delicious combination on a pizza and pass it on to all of your vegan friends! Homemade pizza is a great comfort food and you can put as little or as much of the toppings on, depending upon preference. It is the perfect meal for the long weekend, and goes well with a glass of red wine and a relaxing patio chair.